Friday, May 04, 2007

Wheels 2

I had been thinking of driving to Columbia MO for a triathlon on Sunday, but the last post about Herbie has clarified the urgency for taking rides for a test-drive. Especially with new, ominous noises emanating from the transmission area, I think I'm on borrowed time.

Some more thoughts:
  • Many see the irony of me driving a wreck, but some may not. My Dad is an ace mechanic who keeps his rides in tip-top shape. He's the kind of mechanic that helps other gearheads when they don't know what to do. Although I have his logic and diagnostic skills, I have always used them for math and comp sci and not mechanical and electronic stuff.
  • The next ride will not be a convertible and will not be red.
  • I just pumped gas for $3.20 a gallon, so the gas mileage just went up on the priority chart.
  • Months ago, I thought I would get something with some serious power. Mustang, Vette, you name it.... Sadly, the profile from the last post spells one thing: luxury sedan. And that spells "entrenched in the mid 30's (age wise)". Gah!
  • I don't like test-driving cars because of the salesmen. But tomorrow I'm test-driving something. Car posts do well on here in terms of feedback so I'll probably do a review. I have even considered a separate blog a la "1 test-drive every Saturday". But no time. There's another free blog idea for the masses. I swear, I don't know why you people aren't running with these.

1 comment:

Chairman Mom said...

Luxury sedan? My vote: Passat.