Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tour de Kirkwood

The St Louis Tri Club is going to run the Tour de Kirkwood!

This was started by a woman some years ago. I believe proceeds go to charity, but the event has grown beyond the scope of one (saintly) individual. It is popular because it is a great 1st tri and also very kid friendly (though kids must be 13 or over to bike, I think -- insurance, y'know).

Anyway, if you are considering a tri, check it out. It's easy and located in Apple Pie, USA! Fred's Mom, Betty, lives there!

_But_ the point of this message is: they may need volunteers. Several people kindly offer to come watch me do tri's but I can't bring myself to let them (BryGuy did once though), because I think it is boring for spectators. Unless you were doing it with me, in which case it would be highly punishing for spectators (ha!).

Anyway, I may (not 100% -- am I ever?) ask you to volunteer with me on this one! July 22. Keep it open, especially if you live in Kirkwood! You are on notice, Rosenbergers!

1 comment:

Chairman Mom said...

Um, hello?? We live in Apple Pie, USA, too! WE want our day basking in the glory that is CC, Inc.

Harrumph!

Stacey, the Hegemom