Wednesday, May 09, 2007

System Down

If you know anything about farming, you know that feeling when there is a perfect hay day: warm, sunny, recent drying conditions, and a pleasant breeze.

Then something breaks. Perhaps a bolt is sheared in the baler. Or a tractor goes down.

This is old school frustration.

_New_ school frustration is having computer problems 2 days after signing up to write an article for work. And while one could actually _use_ the Internet to shop for cars.

For the love of Pete. Sacre bleu. I was already freaking out about things before this.

Blogging is not on the priority list right now so if you don't see a post for awhile, I am probably fine, and just channeling unadulterated rage towards a treadmill. Or making up new swear words (it's fun to mix English and French).

Hang in there, CC champions! We'll soon be back with all the action from CC HQ. We wish the interns had had time to sift through the zillions of entries for the Op-Ed piece. Just no time, and no time to offer ideas per KK's request. Woulda came in handy now.

ps. I am on _now_ thanks to a neat tool called Knoppix. In is an OS that boots from a CD -- I'm running this baby without really using the hard-drive. (Knoppix is a version of the geek-famous OS called Linux). I can still shop for cars but I can't really work on my article. Hopefully I can research a bit about how to get Windows XP running again.

pps. It took 15 minutes but I found my Windows XP disk under some dusty debris in my living room. It was under a bike manual from my first bike which I bought in 2005. We're not exactly running a tight ship here at CC dot com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know so much about farming cap'n??

M Easter said...

I worked for several summers at the hay on a farm, and my parents grew up on farms....

Don't pretend to know me! ;-)