Monday, May 07, 2007

Islanders: Tourist Alert (Info Needed)

Ok, Islanders, listen up... The StL area is dispatching travellers your way this summer and we need recommendations.

I will do my best but I haven't lived on PEI since 1991 (can you believe that?).

The travellers are peeps in Miss Cheryl's family (soon-to-be BryGuy's family).

I can handle the obvious and timeless: the North Shore, Cavendish, Anne of Green Gables, the wharf area in Charlottetown, and various scenic drives. But I need some current stuff! Possibly cultural venues, great pubs, great restaurants, etc. Anything, pretty much....

Let's hear it, folks... I think they are going in July. Once I get the dates, I might look for festivals etc.

merci bien,
CC

(Where is the awesome lobster supper place again? Fisherman's Wharf? no... St Anne's?)

ps. For non-Islanders: though farming and fishing are huge, historically, tourism is definitely where it's at for PEI's economy. So much so that a bad summer, weatherwise, can cause a lot of distress.

No comments: