Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blog Tag for Mom

Blog tag is game where people ask other bloggers to reveal 5 personal tidbits. It's derived from the email chain letters.

In recognition of Sunday, here's 5 things about CC's Mom:

1. Mom is a repeat-winner of an Island-wide baking contest. Her masterpiece is fruitcake.

2. She's very literate. My award-winning writing style comes directly from her.

3. Many, many moons ago, she offered me a choice of going into French-immersion (i.e. a mostly-French elementary school). Influenced by Sesame Street (the Canadian version), I said "ok!". That one decision has probably impacted my life as much as any. Anyone who knows me well knows that I was more of a Renaissance man at 10 than now.

4. There weren't many rules growing up but a strict one was that, in grade 7 and beyond, any grade below 80% would spawn vague, undesirable consequences that would be swift and harsh. Again, I'm grateful.

5. A key phrase in terms of her first-aid is a wry "I think you'll live". It's embarrassing how I still seek out that phrase when at a doctor's office or hospital. I could be hit by a bus but as long as the ER doc says "I think you'll live", I'm happy.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's!

1 comment:

K. said...

Unsolicited advice - make sure you let her know every chance you get how much you love and appreciate her. Tell her how much of a positive influence she has been, and continues to be.

Too soon she will be gone, and the chance lost forever.