Sunday, April 22, 2007

Nous bloggons

Blogspot has a "randomizer" that features random blogs. It's amazing what can come up there.

Here's a new one on a weight-loss attempt (or, a success story in its early phases ;-)

I don't know why but this one resonates with me because I was in a similar place circa 2000. I wasn't experiencing chest-pains but I could barely be on a treadmill for more than 20 minutes (at an inclined walk). This scared me bigtime because I was playing tennis like crazy back in 1998 and thought I was pretty fit. Wrong-o.

It has taken time, and it required an intense, legendary competition with my arch-rival, but I think I can say that I'm fit now. And it has been worth the blood and sweat....

Almost everyone I know wants to lose weight and/or get more into exercise. I'm always careful not to come off too much like the "fitness police" and offer too much advice: I'm just a regular joe who has different priorities than most people. I am tempted though to post more along these lines (i.e. how I made it to where I am now -- which really isn't that far).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cap'n,
Nice blog! And thanks for visiting mine and publishing a link. I will definitely be back for some encouragement. Reading about a true success story helps motivate me toward my goals. Wish me luck!