Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Inspiration 2: Op-Eds

As you know, the Captaineers at CC HQ are working day and night to ensure that you, dear reader, are enjoying reading about things that pertain mostly to, well, me.

This is no easy task! The vast readership of the CC blog are voracious readers and brilliant critics. Keeping y'all entertained often requires "out of the blog" thinking.

And so here's another gem -- one you might see on these pixels soon. Op-ed pieces by guest hosts! That's right, our usual editorial staff is considering handing over the reins for a special op-ed piece or two. Successful candidates are likely those who do not have blogs and are too busy/faint of heart/etc to start one.

Stay tuned! We'll see how this goes... And to the candidates: you better bring the heat! Our standards are high at CC. It'll be like going onstage after the Rolling Stones.

Contact me if you are interested in writing a piece. No worries if you do have a blog. I will keep an open mind. Do have some ideas for your piece though.

It would be very wise indeed to have an idea about me.

4 comments:

fred said...

Immediatly after reading this post, I read this Dilbert:

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/images/dilbert2007458220426.gif

M Easter said...

Excellente' ! :-)

ps. several people have sought clarification: no, it doesn't have to be about me

Binky said...

Count me in to write something, sometime...

B.

Anonymous said...

My pre-law life was in publishing and one of the earmarks of a good editorial director is giving your writers a general topic idea so the can work the specifics.

(translation: I'd like to do some family friendly writing, but I'm coming up empty on possible subjects.)