Sunday, January 21, 2007

Till Laser-Removal Do Us Part

I'm a fan of various ways that people get married and esp. how marriage proposals are made. There are often great stories in such moments.

I heard one about a friend-of-a-friend on Friday: the guy, a tattoo-artist, had a tattoo done on his arm. Yes, you guessed it: "will you marry me?". He unveiled it at a romantic dinner. Quite a gamble, n'est-ce-pas?

She said "yes". No word yet on whether they will ask the guests to RSVP with ink of their own. Though I think he should get "She said yes" on his other arm.

3 comments:

Binky said...

Hi,
I have an old friend who actually rented a suit of armour and went into the bank where hsi girlfriend was working to propose to her wearing it.

She said yes. He had considered renting a horse but decided against it. (Probably a good choice as I don't think he could ride).

Unknown said...

Nice proposal... in this era of terrorism and such, I wonder if walking into a bank in a suit of armour would get the cops called on you???

M Easter said...

I think we talked about the armour over the holidays. That is a Hall-Of-Fame stunt indeed.

A literal "knight-in-shining-armour" is fantastic