Monday, January 15, 2007

Dean K revisited

This dispatch is from CC HQ, where there is light and it's 68 F....

I've written on Dean Karnazes in the past. He's a freak. He did 50 marathons in 50 days in the fall of '06, starting with Missouri's own Lewis & Clark (which was walked by many friends).

I knew that he eats everything when he runs (cheeseburgers, pizza, sundaes), but I didn't know that he keeps a super-strict diet when not on the road/trail. It makes perfect sense though: this is how he stays buff and, especially, enhances positive-reinforcement for running. Imagine eating salad for 2 days and knowing that you can eat junk once you hit the road. Brilliant... No wonder he runs for so long.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Hello

Just thought I'd step out of lurker mode for a minute and say that I've been reading. As well, my own blog is now up and running - what can I say - you inspire the masses. houseofdavinci.blogspot.com

C