Sunday, January 14, 2007

Random Holiday Memories #1

Some random thoughts...

My friend Phil and I go back until about 2 years old. He and his lovely wife, Tanya, have a child, Erika, who I met while back home. It's pretty wild to see an old chum enter a whole new stage of life.... esp. since I am happily frozen (spiritually, emotionally, grammatically) in 1988!

My cousin, Richard, is the Indiana Jones of the family. He has been to Korea, Britain, Greece, and, in 2006, Egypt. He regaled us with stories of his adventures. Double-the-fun: he's a high-school teacher and his trip are often as chaperone, which amps the hijinx factor.

Biggest regret: not hearing my bro-in-law, Dave, play guitar. He's very good. Though we had a fun day at Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, not that good. But thanks for the compliment. As I recall your no slouch on a guitar either - but I really regret no hearing the kazoo.
Cheers,
Dave

M Easter said...

The kazoo was the best! Christmas 2005 featured dueling kazoo's between Dave and I. Once we were bored with the Christmas carols, we worked out tunes ranging from Black Sabbath to Beethoven's Ode To Joy. Nothing says Happy Holidays like "War Pigs".

I received a kazoo in my stocking in 2006 but sadly we didn't get to it.