Thursday, January 04, 2007

Comparing Bricks and Clicks

I went to Blockbuster this weekend.

They carry season 2 of The Office but not season 1. Strike.

I rented season 2 only to find out that there are only a few episodes per disc. Strike (ok, against me for thinking that they put entire seasons on one disc).

I could have gone to their website, but instead tried Netflix. I tried searching for 5 titles, getting increasingly esoteric from my art-house days (has anyone seen Tous Les Matins Du Monde -- anyone, anyone?). They had all of 'em.

Strike. See ya Blockbuster!?! I never thought I would subscribe to Netflix but this was impressive.... I also saw a spot on them on 60 Minutes -- the power of pseudo-advertising?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to consider Blockbuster online too. I use it and love the added benefit of being able to return the movies to a store for immediate and free replacements!