Sunday, June 22, 2008

Stealth Attack

I got home pretty late on Saturday night. My neighbour was roaring at his (new?) GF on the phone. It wasn't enough to call the cops or even complain, but it irritates me.

As I write this at 9 pm on Sunday evening, the dog is on the roof. Things are much better in that regard, but when I even hear that dog now for a moment, I brace myself for confrontation.

I have considered retaliation. I've wanted to point my guitar amp toward his apt and seriously crank some white-boy blues into his world. Unfortunately, he truly has the high ground in this war, and I am powerless to launch a counterstrike.

However, I had been playing with the idea of simply knocking on his door at 9 am in the morning. In his universe, this would be fairly disruptive. But I haven't had the guts to do it. Plus things have been better.

But today, I have a new idea that is deliciously demonic: a dog-whistle. Not one to train dogs or scare them. I bear no malice toward the dog and do not want to see it harmed. I just want something that would get the dog to bark. That could be highly entertaining.

I'm adding it to the "when needed" file in the war chest.

No comments: