Thursday, February 28, 2008

Blog Tag

My dear Minnesotan friend Jennifer tagged me....

According to the rules, I am to share 7 facts about myself — some random, some weird. I'll try to put stuff that hasn't been mentioned on here before.

1. When I go to bed and check the lock on the door, I say it out loud. e.g. "Thursday locked". This way, when I'm in bed dozing off, I can remember that I did it. Then, in the morning, I write out the letters O, C, D 100 times (not really).

2. Playing piano is purportedly my favourite thing to do in the whole world. I have thought about playing in a small church somewhere when I retire. And yet I haven't played in almost an entire year. This fact is killing me.

3. There is no "rule" per se but I almost never have pop (aka soda), cookies, or ice cream in the house. However, I can eat a tub of hummus like it is a condiment. I drink a gallon of milk in about 3 days.

4. For years, I go to sleep to KMOX on the radio. Conservative news-talk radio. I'm not very conservative, so this is sort of weird. When I first moved here, it was the strongest signal. Thankfully I don't "need" radio to go to sleep.

5. Until very recently there was a still-wrapped cookie sheet propped up against my closet. It had been sitting there for about 4 years. There was another one just like it out near the kitchen (probably 2 years there). Man, I'm weird.

6. Over 40 courses in my undergrad degree, my average was 90%. That took a lot of work. I won a prize for math and for science (which was a tacit admission that I had come in 2nd place, losing the coveted Governor General award). Unfortunately no one told me that no one would care later in life. I want that average on my tombstone.

7. As a teenager, I napped after school from about 4 pm to 4:30 pm. For years now, I nap after eating circa 6 pm to 6:30 pm.

I will tag others later on.... I have to go to work!

Rules:
  1. link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.

  2. share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.

  3. tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

  4. let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

No comments: