Thursday, June 21, 2007

Revisiting Rowdy



More tidbits of the car.....
  • I continue to wave at Miatas. The drivers find this odd, since they don't know why I'm waving.
  • It is nice to have working AC, backup lights, and some confidence that I won't "cook the engine" at stoplights.



  • DQR = Dependability, Quality, and Reliability. Though possibly redundant, this is Honda's mantra and I'm sold. The build quality is awesome and the engineering is genius. For example, the shifter comes out of the dash (Euro-style) which gives a ton of room for stuff down where it used to be. It is a bit weird though since my car looks like it is very happy to see you.
  • Between the seats there is a sliding panel which reveals 2 cup holders. But _that_ thing slides as well for another cubbyhole: double-secret hiding spot for a wallet etc.
  • It is so easy to get in and out! The car is a low-rider hatchback and yet feels like a minivan compared to the Miata.
  • The seats are fantastic. Great support with little wings at the edges. They are mostly cloth with suede leather edges, and red stitching which is a motif throughout the interior.
  • As I get used to the shifter, I drive much more aggressively now. It'll hum along when it wants to. Though that Subaru is still the rocket ship.

1 comment:

Mike Venneman said...

Dude,
I am soooo stealing your wallet.