Friday, June 01, 2007

The Car Revisited

Here are some tidbits on the car, so far:
  • A Civic is not high on the luxury list, but an unexpected twist is that it _feels_ luxurious compared to the old ride. An Infiniti would have totally been wasted on me.
  • It's easy to get in and out of. It smells nice. Very pleasant experience.
  • I have learned that this generation of Civic Si's are not highly regarded in the "import tuner"/racer community. But I don't care.
  • That is worth repeating: this thing has a rubbery shifter, and a ponderous feel in the corners. But I don't care! It's great.
  • I recently saw in a movie trailer that "you don't pick a car: it picks you". That describes last Saturday pretty well. It just won me over.
  • I don't like Honda's aesthetic at all but Rowdy just looked cool to me. But I _do_ respect Honda's engineering and build quality. Top notch.
  • Times have changed: the entry level ride at Honda is now the "Fit", not the Civic.

No comments: