Wednesday, June 13, 2007

If you want something done.....

... give it to a busy person. Indeed.

When I finished The 2nd Article, I put everything into neutral. I've worked out twice in June! Gah.... Now after a lot of celebratory food, fun times with friends, etc, I find myself feeling "un-fit" before the RecPlex Smackdown on Sunday.

(Well... my tech blog is going well, but aside from that, I have been unproductive and slacking).

Thankfully, a modest swim and moderate run tonight... I feel better *whew*. After a few days of slackitude, I feel like I've forgotten how to swim/bike/run.

ps. We received our start times for the tri. This tri has everyone starting in single file, swimming "in serpentine" through the pool. In our group, I'm first with Jim G starting 15 seconds behind. His neighbour, Ember, starts back a bit further. She will mow us down in the pool: she typically swims the 500 m two minutes faster than Jim G and I. I caught her on the run last fall though.

pps. It will be tempting to try and stay ahead of Jim for the entire tri, but I wonder if there is some gamemanship potential by letting him get ahead of me in the pool..... Interesting. The thought is to take it easy so that I am always just within reach, and let him burn out during the swim.

1 comment:

K. said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fabulous.

If you need help working out by lifting weights, feel free to come by and schlup boxes. :)