Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fun Facts

Here are some facts that have popped into my head on the move:

I came to the US based on a job fair that I attended (and took substantial effort and time off work) in Ottawa.

I am leaving the US based on a job fair that I attended (and took substantial effort and time off work) on PEI.

I believe the 2 oldest things that I own are a Good News Bible (received in 1983, as part of confirmation into the United Church) and a chess set that I received for Christmas when I was about 12.

My work visa expires in September, but I will not have to renew it (for the first time in years).

People ask me if PEI has various stores (e.g. Trader Joe's). I have no idea. I haven't lived there in a long time. Ditto for social services.

I find myself thinking about PEI in the era when I left. I wonder what it will be like, as though it is 1991, forgetting that I have been there 5 times in the last 2.5 years. I was just home in March!

CC

No comments: