Friday, June 25, 2010

First Week


It's been a week since I landed back on the Island...

So far, so good, but some things never change, such as a Friday night nap after work. Though this one was extraordinarily long. I think the drive and a full work week has caught up with me.

No news on the movers yet. No news on an apartment, though I hope to start looking tomorrow.

Some quick notes:
  • The locals say it is hot, e.g. mid 70s F at 6 pm. I laugh heartily at this! I need to parlay my relatively superior heat endurance into some cash or athletic success.
  • I'm so glad that I moved back before Peter Mansbridge retired. I don't know how much longer we'll have him on The National.
  • It occurred to me last night that I should try to go for a week (a month?) watching only TV in French. News, entertainment, the works.
  • There are internet connection issues at my parents. Their computer works fine, but my Mac is stymied. This means my podcasts are stymied. This has to be fixed, soon.
CC


No comments: