Friday, February 05, 2010

Happy Birthday

A Happy Birthday shout-out to my sister, C!

My sister has always been a better multi-tasker, and more eclectic, than me. She has lived and worked in the UK, played the flute in high school, completed boot camp in the armed forces, passed the bar exam, and now manages a bookstore, reading everything in sight. (Her book recommendations are consistently superlative).

She stresses as I do over doing something correctly, but doesn't carpet-bomb her social life as I did in university, and on occasion now when preparing a talk.

I consider myself very lucky to have her as a sister. As documented here, her wedding was the only time I have nailed a speech and I'm glad, for it was the most important time for me to do so. I'm tempted to recite it here, but that feels like betraying the moment.

Happy Birthday, sis!

CC

No comments: