Sunday, December 27, 2009

Trip update


Well, it's been a great trip... I've seen a lot of people and caught up on all the news. A major casualty has been my voice (I've been whispering for 3-4 days), but hopefully it will return.

I don't have much energy to recap the entire 10 days. The additional highlights are that the weather has been incredibly mild (Christmas was barely white), Dad was well feted for his birthday, and the gifts given/received were great. Lots of food, family, and friends.

It is, as always, weird to go back. I miss my friends and my life in St Louis, yet in a few short weeks I will miss the Maritimes again. At 40, I feel like I should make making some long-term strategic decisions with respect to my career. Alas, my strength is "short-term optimization" and not long-term strategy. Ah well. One goal was to seek counsel on this subject from some key people: great input from some corners (you know who you are! ;-)

CC

ps. I guess the next thing on the agenda is the New Year (and New Decade) ! I've been thinking about the highlights of the 2000s. I'm not sure how much I'll post but it has certainly been a great decade personally, even if Time recently labeled it "The decade from hell" for the USA.

No comments: