Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Songs

Binky wrote a post about favourite Christmas songs. Here is one of mine.

My folks had an old hi-fi stereo that played 16, 33 1/3, 45, and 78 rpm albums. There was a bunch of old records in the cabinet. My sister and discovered one by Bing Crosby and the Andrews sisters. This was not the famous "White Christmas" but rather one called "Merry Christmas". It is very difficult to find.

One side was religious tunes; the other was more secular pop. One could say this is cheese extraordinaire, but I just loved it. My sister and I dug out that record for a few years in a row.

One of my favourite tunes is Christmas in Killarney, loosely based on an Irish jig. Sure enough, it is on YouTube replete with a display of the album itself!

1 comment:

JAK said...

I think I saw that on CD in a used book/music store last year. Should've bought it!