My stuff has not yet left St Louis. It is July 8. They picked it up on June 15.
The local agent in St Louis explained the dispatcher hasn't found a truck yet. Mercifully for him, he was suitably apologetic.
So now the interesting thing is that if I ask them to wait for a couple of weeks, I will have my apartment. I was assuming that they would bring my stuff to my family's house, but more delay could bypass the intermediary move, which will be yet more expense and generally unpleasant.
I haven't asked them to wait yet, and am not sure if I can do that. We'll see.