Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Confessions of A Pirate

I found a tune called "He's A Pirate" on iTunes from the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. I listen to it way more than I should -- I have it on repeat while I shave lately (!).

It's a heroic, orchestral piece, in a bombastic, "classical" style, but this is not great art -- it's total popcorn (and yet you or I should try and write something as good), but I've come to realize how big the music was for those Pirate movies.

It also has me re-evaluating my stance of not listening to music when working out or competing. The absolute highlight of the year from a physical standpoint was overcoming a 20 minute headstart by my arch-rival during the Lake StL tri. This tune would have been perfectuoso when he came into view on the road ahead during the run.

My delusions of grandeur probably would have caught fire and I would have just burned up on the spot.

2 comments:

K. said...

So you've found the theme song to your life... I wonder what mine would be? Something with confusion in the title :)

Chairman Mom said...

Oh, you are SO not kidding about that song! I bought the CD just for that song. The whole CD is mainly variations on that theme and I absolutely adore it. If you don't already have the CD, put on you socks and shoes right this minute and go buy it.

And yes, I have a weakness for soaring, heroic music, m'self.