Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back in The Lou

I've returned from a double-dream "field trip" with some dear, dear friends. I could write entire paragraphs of thank yous and "shout outs" but that seems pretentious, somehow. On the flight home, I decided to express emotion via brevity. Hopefully, I've already conveyed my feelings to everyone involved!

Stop #1 on the trip was The Big Island of Hawaii. Though it was really just a sidebar, I walked on the hallowed ground of _the_ premier Ironman Triathlon. I did NOT compete as (a) it's in October and (b) I'm more of a "Aluminium-Foil-Man" triathlete.

Stop #2 was the City of Angels: LA. With six brave souls, I walked (not ran) the LA marathon. 9.5 hours. It might sound like a bad day at the mall but it ain't easy -- I have a newfound respect for distance events, no matter what the speed.

No comments: