Saturday, August 20, 2011

Phone Update

I've been running on a borrowed, pay-as-you-go phone for the last, well, year. This has not been tenable and due to a few recent incidents, I've decided to go cold turkey and return it to its owner.

In the short-term, I cannot be reached by phone.

Hopefully this will expedite my decision regarding phones. As readers know, I have been hung up on writing apps for an iPhone or an Android phone.

People think this is an easy decision, but it isn't, because the platforms are very different. Some wags joke that I should just buy one of each phone but I don't really want 2 data-plans, nor do I have the time to write apps for 2 platforms. I'm not sure I have the time to write apps for one platform.

However, what is definitely true is that if I keep waiting, the world will continue to pass me buy. I'm reasonably sure that I will be getting a new Android phone through Telus in the next 4-6 weeks. There is a snazzy new model coming out, and that will probably be the pick.

When the choice is final, I'll email/post my new phone number to the world!

CC

No comments: