Friday, December 05, 2008

Thinking of Jim G

I just received vmail from my arch-rival, Jim G: he has been in the hospital for several days following a serious motorbike accident.

He bought a bike this summer and (at the insistence of me and others) took a safety class. I don't know what happened.

I know he is conscious and he said he will be ok in an abbreviated conversation. But there are broken bones, a concussion, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm in shock. We were supposed to do a team run on Sunday morning and I had been vaguely wondering why his email was so silent.

Naturally, both Jim and his family are in my prayers.

1 comment:

M Easter said...

Update: Though the injury report was accurate, JimG was only in the hospital 2-3 days and called me from home.

I visited him yesterday and he is resting and doing ok. He is slow but walking around and just taking it easy. We played some backgammon and had a fun afternoon looking at his old radios.