Saturday, November 04, 2006

I'm Captain, and I approved this message

The upcoming week is gonna be a doozy on the political front:

1. My Dad is running for councillor in a municipal election on Monday, back on The Island. He has been deputy-mayor but took some time off after an unsuccessful bid for mayor. Good luck!

2. Missouri is going to have a good-ol' smackdown on Tuesday. The main issues are a constitutional amendment (versus a law!) on stem-cell research and another proposition that would raise tobacco taxes to the national average. The stem-cell issue is hotly contested indeed.

3. Naturally, the US is having the Congressional and Senate elections on Tuesday. It will be interesting.... I don't think voting machines will be hacked but I do pity the poll-workers who have to deal with the problems. I hope I'm wrong but I think it might be chaos in a lot of areas.

No comments: