Saturday, March 12, 2011

Update

Here is a quick life update for interested readers:
  • I'm not out of the woods just yet, but my editor had high praise for the first draft of my article. I poured a lot into it, and the bar is high, so this is a relief. For those that will have me, my social calendar is open!
  • This might not be obvious for a software developer, but from blogging, to articles, writing is one of the pillars of my career. Even silly satire opens a lot of doors.
  • The plan for summer visitors is in continual flux. There were 4 separate probable visits; sadly, it's now down to a definite, a probable, and a maybe. I don't mind flexibility, but it is tricky to keep up! Esp. since I will be planning vacation around this.
  • A big win for one friend is that she planned to come for the Cavendish Beach Music Festival, as she is a big country music fan. However, the artists were not yet announced. Bonus: the gamble paid off, as the headliner is Brad Paisley, who we both love. He is an unbelievable guitarist. A double-bonus was running into my sister whilst buying the tickets at the box office.
  • A heavy day tomorrow for some dear relatives. I won't go into details here but it is a time for our family to come together.

No comments: