Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jim G Returns

Jim G and I raced a 3k tonight, on the same Clayton High School track that saw some of our greatest, fastest battles back in 2003-2005.

This was his first real event since the serious motorbike wreck in November 2008. He won, though we were both at a glacial pace. I hate losing but I was happy for Jim. It was good to see him back.

However, the evidence is in: I've really slacked off at the gym, and it has taken a toll. Hopefully, I can get back on track now that the damn talk is over. Alas, there are other balls in the air that may have a far greater impact.

I'm stunned at how fit I was in the past. Both in terms of body image and just sheer metrics. I barely ran this race in 16 minutes. I'm sure that I have broken 13 min in the past. That may not sound like much, but remember that running times are exponential.

CC

ps. It was probably 80+ F when we raced at 7 pm. It was crazy.

No comments: