My apartment is about 67 F and kinda drafty. The first hour in bed is chilly but then my superhero metabolism cranks the temps way up.
Here is a quick inventory of the top layers:
- lately, socks and shirt and/or PJs (4 CCTUs)
- flannel sheet (1 CCTU = CC Thermal Unit)
- a tightly knitted blanket (3 CCTUs)
- a dark-blue afghan made by Mom (2 CCTUs but high sentimental value)
- a down-filled comforter (5 CCTUs). This is the fire-starter. Bought over the Christmas holidays for $100 (down from $250!) circa 1997. Money well-spent.
ps. I have another of Mom's afghans (tri-colour blue) on the couch. I have spent probably 5% of my life napping under an afghan. I still remember a giant one we had growing up. Green & gold... maybe some orange too.