Friday, March 23, 2007

Closin' the Place Down on a Friday Night

No, I didn't close down a dive-bar: I closed the gym.

A very rare Friday night workout... no fanfare, no witty blog narrative, no applause.

I ran 15 miles. This is the furthest I've ever run, and it's a big deal (for me).

The funny thing is that I knew all week I was going to do it, on Friday night. There was no doubt... I think this was due to the psychology of breaking the dreaded 11 mile (treadmill) block a couple of weeks ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a big deal, 15 miles, I would guess over three hours.

Vy2

M Easter said...

Thank for the comment, VY2...

It was about 2h 45 min with bathroom breaks and food breaks. I normally don't stop for breaks like that but I'm starting to learn how to run longer distances

Kontessa Krunk, Esq. said...

I think I once ran for 15 minutes... and I was a runner in high school. You're like a superhero.