Friday, March 02, 2007

CC Skunkworks: New Themes

At CC, our staff remain committed to innovation and design. During long workouts and meetings, we dream up new ways to slake your thirst for all things "Captain". Hell, we write blog entries on Friday nights.

Keen, longtime readers know that there are certain recurring themes: the Calvin-n-Hobbes triathlon reviews, the rare poems, and Chicago-The-Attack-Cat's escapades.

Here's some more ideas that our "Captaineers" are dreaming up:

-- More polls! The ring poll was a smashing success. The only surprise here is that it took 14 months to do one (polling in bars is a 2nd career).

-- The Picasso book has inspired a new "Enigmatic Art Theme". This will be a post with some work of art, with nary any text and no comments. Intended to present an edgy side of CC, the interpretation will be left to you, dear reader. (This is in stark contrast to issues of politics and taste, where your opinion will be left to me.) There has already been one such posting on this theme. Are these personal comments? Political comments? Who knows?

-- The Confessional: stay tuned for the occasional blog entry where a previously unspoken thought/fear/hope is revealed...

-- The Reality Romance: for some reason, this one may be to much for CC dot com. We are entertaining the thought of documenting interaction with a potential new flame. It gives me the creeps to post such things, for a variety of reasons, but this could be a big lode of material.

As always, feedback is welcome, though possibly ignored or corrected! Please use these themes for your own blogs... they are a good way to inspire entries.

3 comments:

Chairman Mom said...

The Hegemom's thoughts:

1) reality romance is out: I'm married; that's all my blog readers need to know; (heh)

2) I post in frequent side notes what I'm reading/viewing; if I restart my sculting, you may be forced to view same by visiting the blog;

3) Polls rock

Fondly,

The Hegemom

Anonymous said...

Hey CC,
I'd go for the confessional angle... Not the dating one- too risky...

Binky

Unknown said...

Beware the Reality Romance... I've pondered that one myself with my er... well, whatever I should call him. Everything else rocks, but for dating - never forget that even if we delete our blog, like the truth, blog posts are still "out there."

(Must stop doing Nyquil shots.)