Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Debate Redux

A recent post explained the debate: enter a 1/3 IronMan versus improve on the FleetFeet series (and solidify my miraculous, if tenuous, lead in the standings).

BryGuy elegantly stated the case for the 1/3 IronMan. However, I have decided to cherry-pick some easier races in August.

The reasoning was pretty easy:

-- I've hardly spent any time on the bike lately, in part due to crazy heat/storms, and in part due to sloth. LOL. A competitive 40-mile bike ride ain't gonna happen for me

-- Round 2 with Jim G is in early September: the Lake St Louis triathlon. This is the most prestigious event in the area, and though it's not a 1/3 IronMan, it will be a new milestone for me (0.9 mile swim, 26 m bike, 6 m run).

-- I have recently re-discovered there is more to life than training. ha ha...

So the next events are sprint tri's in Wood River IL and O'Fallon MO

1 comment:

Chairman Mom said...

More to life than training? Hmm...

But what happened to the great CAR DEBATE?