Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Advice

2009 has been fairly rough. My detractors are never small in number but it seems like a lot lately, and probably with justification.

I remember hearing a young George Clooney say once that his father (an eminent journalist) would offer this advice:
You're never as good as they say, and you're never as bad as they say.
I guess this presumes no laws have been broken (e.g. a felony charge would put a kink in it). At times like this, we thank the senior Clooney for the perspective.

2 comments:

Binky said...

Dude,
Turn that frown upside down!

I didn't know you had detractors.

Hope everything is A-OK.

B.

M Easter said...

Thanks, Binky!

Well, I have always had a personality that tends to polarize people: esp. those in frequent contact. A consequence is a constant level (of varying magnitude) of detraction.

Plus, we make mistakes sometimes, and I have made many. And, naturally, having a tech blog is open request for criticism!

CC

ps. Btw, I try to think of that quote in the stunningly good times as well -- it isn't just a pick-me-up but also a reality check.